Outdoor sport venues open starting on 14 May
In accordance with a Government policy, the venues for outdoor activities will also be opened as of 14 May 2020 in Kuopio; however, users must continue to follow a restriction of max. 10 people at the venues. Sports and exercise activities in Kuopio’s outdoor sports venues must comply with the following rules in the period 14-31 May 2020:
- The number of people spending time in small outdoor sports venues may not exceed 10 people.
- No more than 30 people may spent time at the same time in large sports fields, such as football pitches, track and field areas and other similar courts and field, and these people must be divided into groups not exceeding 10 people to avoid close contacts.
- The recommendation for golf courses is that these may be used by a maximum of 50 people at the same time; these people must also be divided into groups not exceeding 10 people to avoid close contacts.
- Locker rooms are closed until the end of May.
- Competitions or matches may not be organised in the outdoor sports venues in May.
The owners of private and third-sector sports venues are also recommended to follow the above guidelines.
New guidelines on the use of outdoor sports venues as of 1 June 2020 will be issued in May.
The venues can be used during slots booked in advance and they are subject to a fee according to a valid price list. Those using the venues must follow Government policies and instructions provided by THL in all activities. When you book the venues, you are responsible for your activities and required to make sure you act according to the provided instructions.