Indoor sports venues in Kuopio
- The use of Kuopio’s sports facilities and venues until 30 Nov 2020. You must follow instructions by THL and the Ministry of Education and Culture in all activities https://stm.fi/varautuminen-koronavirukseen. You should continue to pay special attention to ensuring safe distances and following instructions on hygiene. For pre-booked slots at the sports and exercise venues, clubs and/or sports associations must ensure safe training conditions. Sports clubs must make sure that the coaches of all teams using the venues are aware of national and the clubs’ own instructions.
Studentia Gym open on weekdays at 8-20. Locker rooms and washing facilities available.
Workout slots in use.
Locker rooms, toilets and washing facilities available.Kotkankallio and Rajala air-raid shelters
Open daily at 6-22. Locker rooms and washing facilities available.Suurmäentie and Sammakkolammentie air-raid shelters
The facilities continue to be available to contract users, similarly as in June and July.Karttula, Maaninka, Nilsiä, Riistavesi and Vehmersalmi gyms
Locker rooms and washing facilities available. See here for more instructions.Kuopio Hall – open weekdays at 7.45-21.00 (service desk and doors open until 20)
– weekends open at 11.00-20.00 (service desk and doors open until 19)
See here for more instructions.Kuntolaakso Swimming Pool
– Mon to Fri at 6-20, facilities can be used until 20.30
– Sat to Sun at 9-18, facilities can be used until 18.30
Saunas available based on general instructions on the coronavirus outbreak. Water sports equipment available to customers. See here for more instructions.
Eastern opening hours: friday 2.4. – monday 5.4. 9a.m. -17p.m.
(Cashier open till 16 p.m. and swimming & gym time ends at 16.30 p.m.)
Outdoor sports venues
Outdoor sports venues and their locker rooms are open, you mut follow general instructions on the coronavirus outbreak.
Enjoy a great variety of indoor sports around Kuopio and the rural areas of Juankoski, Karttula, Maaninka, Nilsiä, Riistavesi and Vehmersalmi. Here in Kuopio, people get to exercise in their own way, and everyone gets to find something they like.
See below for a list of different indoor sports and exercise venues. Find out what Kuopio offers on this page and find the right activity for yourself!”
Sports hall day pass and month pass
Kuopio has introduced new serial passes for its sports halls. The passes give users access to the Kuntolaakso and Lippumäki swimming pools and their gyms, and the Kuopio Hall gym and running tracks.
The day pass provides users with access to sports halls in Kuopio on weekdays at 10–15 and costs €22,5 / month.
The month pass provides users with unlimited access to the services of sports halls in Kuopio at the low price of € 40 per month.
You can buy the passes at the Kuntolaakso and Lippumäki swimming pools and Kuopio Hall. The passes are for personal use only. You also need the Healthy Kuopio wristband, on which the pass is downloaded. The prices for the passes are valid until further notice.
The month pass and day pass are intended for private individuals, not companies.
You must be at least 15 years old to use the gyms. If you are younger than that, you must be accompanied by a parent or coach, who is responsible for you and your training. For safety reasons, children under 13 are not allowed in the gym
Wellbeing wristband for children and young people
All Kuopio residents under 20 years old are entitled to the wellbeing wristband for children and young people. Get the wristband from the customer service desks at Kuopio Hall and Kuntolaakso swimming pool for 6 or 12 months at a time. The period of validity starts on the date of purchase. The price of the wristband is € 40 / 6 months or € 70 / 12 months, and you must also buy a wristband on which the pass is downloaded at the price of € 7.90. The wristband is for personal use only, and you must wear it whenever you are using the services. You must also be able to verify your access rights (your identity, age).
The pass downloaded to the wristband provides you with access to the Kuntolaakso and Lippumäki swimming pools and their gyms, and the Kuopio Hall gym and running tracks. The wristband also entitles you to film screenings at the Kino Kuvakukko film theatre. Age limits apply. The wristband also provides you with a € 10 discount for the fees of Kuopio Community College courses aimed at under 20-year-olds.
Nb! You must be at least 15 years old to use the city’s gyms. Those younger than that must be accompanied by a parent or coach. For safety reasons, children under 13 are not allowed in the gym.|
Gym and swimming pool access with a pensioner’s wellbeing card
The wellbeing card is intended for persons who have received a pension decision and anyone aged 65 or older. The card provides users with unlimited access to the sports halls in the city of Kuopio (Kuopio Hall, Kuntolaakso swimming pool and Lippumäki swimming pool).
The card price is € 45 € for six months and € 79 for a year. The card is downloaded to the Healthy Kuopio wristband, which costs € 7.90 the first time you activate it. The cards are available for purchase at the customer service desks of the sports facilities.
Sports card for people with disabilities or chronic illnesses
The card can be purchased by recipients of Kela’s care allowance for pensioners and disability allowance.
The price of the card is € 79 and it is valid for one year, starting on the date of purchase.
The cards are available for purchase at the sports hall service desks. The cards provide access to the Kuntolaakso swimming pool, Lippumäki swimming pool and ice rink, and the Kuopio Hall.
For more information, contact the cash desks at the sports facilities:
Kuntolaakso swimming pool, tel. +358 (0)17 182 522, email: uimahalli(at)kuopio.fi
Lippumäki swimming pool and ice rink, tel. +358 (0)17 182 591, email: lippumaki(at)kuopio.fi
Kuopio Hall, tel. +358 (0)17 182 554, email: kuopiohalli(at)kuopio.fi.
Based on a decision by the local executive, groups entitled to using swimming services at swimming pools, gyms at all sports halls, and the sports track at Kuopio Hall free of charge are as follows:
- Veterans granted a front-line badge
- Based on a decision by Kela
- recipients of a disability allowance at the middle rate + person escorting them
- recipients of a disability allowance at the highest rate + person escorting them/li>
- recipients of a pensioner’s care allowance at the highest rate + person escorting them
- recipients of special care allowance + person escorting them
- recipients of a care allowance for a child at the middle rate + person escorting them
- recipients of a special care allowance for a child + person escorting them
You must display the Kela decision to collect the card at the Lippumäki and Niirala swimming pools and the Kuopio Hall.
The card is valid for 2 years.
Kuopio-Tahko sports card
All Kuopio residents can get a personal Kuopio-Tahko sports card at:
– The Nilsiä service desk of the City of Kuopio, Ukko-Paavontie 15, +358 (0)17 482 220
– Customer service at the Council Office Building, Suokatu 42, +358 (0)17 185 044
How to get the card:
- Bring a passport-size photo of yourself and visit the service desk in Nilsiä or Juankoski or the customer services in the Council Office Building.
- The Kuva Maija photography business can also submit your passport photo directly to the service desk (€ 10)
- You must present your personal ID when applying for the card. Your home municipality (Kuopio) is verified from the electronic syste of the City of Kuopio.
- The card is the same size as a credit card and costs € 7.90 (you can also pay using ePassi, and in Nilsiä also Smartum sports vouchers). The card is valid for one year from the date of purchase.
- You must activate the card at the customer service desks once a year. Your right to use the card is rechecked in this context. Reactivating your card is free of charge.
More information: email@example.com or tel. +358 (0)17 482 220.
Discounts with the card:Present the card at the cash desk of the below service providers for discounts
Tahko Span single-use ticket prices with the Kuopio-Tahko sports card: (the previously used terve2022 sports card is also still valid)
– Spa, adults € 5.70
– Spa, € 4, under 18-year-olds, pensioners, students, conscripts and non-military servicemen, disabled people, unemployed people with valid benefit cards
– Gym € 4 (normally € 9)
– Bowling € 15 /h/track (normally starting at € 24). Does not incl. shoe rent. Bowling benefit not offered on weeks: 1, 8, 9, 10, 52
– SuperCorner Tahko, day ticket € 13 (normal price 15 €)
– SuperCorner and TahkoSpa, joint ticket € 19 (same price for adult and children)
– SuperCorner and TahkoSpa, family ticket € 90 (5 persons, of whom at least 2 children (aged under 16) and one aged at least 18.
– Tahko Farmi: Discount with a friend: independent farm vitis € 15 /2 persons (norm. € 20) Mini safari, 30 min trail horseback riding 40 €/2 person (norm. € 50) 1-hour horseback safari € 60 /2 persons (norm. € 70) 1.5-hour horseback safari € 75 /2 persons (norm. € 90)
– Tahko ski slopes (prices for customers aged 13 and above):
3 h – € 33 (norm. 36 €)
day (at 9.30-19.00) – € 35 (norm. € 42)
evening (at 17.00-19.00) – € 23 (norm. € 28)
– Tahko Golf Club, greenfeet
Mon to Thu, before 15:00 o’clock – € 42 (norm. € 47)
Mon to Thu, after 15:00 o’clock – € 37 (norm. € 42)
Fri to Sun – € 47 (norm. € 52)
Peak season 1 July to 31 August:
Mon to Thu, before 15:00 o’clock – € 47 (norm. € 62)
Mon to Thu, after 15:00 o’clock – € 42 (norm. € 55)
Fri to Sun – € 52 (norm. 67 €)
Lake and forest
Mon to Thu, before 15:00 o’clock – € 39 (norm. € 42)
Mon to Thu, after 15:00 o’clock – € 35 (norm. € 37)
Fri to Sun – € 42 (norm. € 47)
Peak season 1 July to 31 August:
Mon to Thu, before 15:00 o’clock – € 42 (norm. € 57)
Mon to Thu, after 15:00 o’clock – € 37 (norm. € 47)
Fri to Sun – € 47 (norm. € 62)
NB! Prices may be subject to changes!
Last updated on 17 Aug 2020
Sport place reservations
All sports venue pages have an up-to-date Timmi calendar, which you can use to browse bookings and register as a user and search for venues and facilities during free slots (displayed as white). Instructions on registration and booking slots with the Timmi system.
Kuopio Hall, Kuntolaakso swimming pool, Niirala ice arena and Lippumäki synthetic ice rink are not included in the self-booking system.
017 182 550
Valtuustotalo, Suokatu 42
Open/telephone hours weekdays at 9-11 and 12-14
What would you like to do?
See the News section for news and blog tests related to physical activity in Kuopio. The section includes information and tips on Kuopio’s sports venues and instructed exercise as well as other sports-related content.